* Escuela Rural numero 42, Cuchilla de Laureles, Uruguay. 2009. Teaching English to Spanish and Portuñol-speaking rural children.
* Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay. 2008 spring semester. Visiting professor in anthropology. Course on Contemporary American Indians.
* Ilisilimatusarfik University, Nuuk, Greenland *
September-October 2005. Visiting lecturer, urban American Indian topics.
* University of Copenhagen, Denmark *
October 2005. Visiting lecturer. Building urban Indian communities.
* University of Arizona, Tucson *
September 2002-present. Distinguished Visiting Scholar, American Indian Studies Programs. Colloquium series, various lectures and working with Graduate students on developing their research projects.
January-June 2002. Distinguished Visiting Professor, American Indian Studies Programs. “American Indians and the Urban Experience”
* Merritt College, Oakland *
May-June 2001. Lecturer, Merritt College, Oakland, "Native People of the Bay Area", lectures and four day field workshop. (Also taught spring 1999 1998, 1997 and fall 1995, 1992.)
* University of California, Davis *
1990-1991. Lecturer, (half time) University of California, Davis, Native American Studies, "The Native American Experience" (three quarters), "Native American Perception" (one quarter);
Fall 1989. Lecturer, University of California, Davis Native American Studies, course "Introduction to Native American Studies."
* University of California, Berkeley *
Fall 1981-January 1984. Lecturer, University of California, Berkeley, Center for Latin American Studies, taught core courses on methodology for graduate group in Latin American Studies.