||Jump to Outcomes, Measures, or Results.|
- BAE in English Teaching
- College of Education
- 51 majors
- Options in English Teaching and Extended English
||Jump to Degree, Measures, or Results.|
- Understand and apply reading strategies for the acquisition, interpretation, and application of information.
- Understand and apply approaches to reading for literary response.
- Understand and apply techniques of critical analysis and evaluation.
- Understand and use metacognitive techniques in reading comprehension.
- Understand the characteristic features of various genres of fiction, drama, nonfiction, and poetry.
- Understand the historical, social, and cultural aspects of literature and the ways in which both literary works and movements, including their major themes, characteristics, trends, and writers, reflect and shape culture and history.
- Understand the forms, techniques, and stylistic requirements of writing to impart and explain information.
- Understand the forms, techniques, and stylistic requirements of writing for literary response and analysis.
- Understand the forms, techniques, and stylistic requirements of writing for personal expression and social interaction.
- Understand the forms, techniques, and stylistic requirements of persuasive writing.
- Understand the writing process.
- Revise written texts for clarity and economy of expression and conformity to conventions of standard English usage.
Listening and Speaking
- Understand listening and speaking strategies for acquiring, interpreting, applying, and communicating information.
- Understand listening and speaking strategies used to enhance personal appreciation and provide entertainment.
- Understand listening and speaking strategies for the purposes of critical analysis, evaluation, and persuasion.
- Understand listening, speaking, and questioning strategies used in a variety of formal and informal personal interactions, including group discussions.
Viewing and Presenting
- Understand the use of visual and electronic media in communicating information, creative expression, and entertainment.
- Understand the use of visual and electronic media to influence attitudes and behavior.
||Jump to Degree, Outcomes, or Results.|
- Internship: Student Teaching in Secondary School (6-12 units)
Administered by Professional Preparation Board for UA College of Education
- Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment
Administered by National Evaluation Systems for Arizona Department of Education
- Professional Knowledge - Secondary
||Jump to Degree, Outcomes or Measures.|
- Standards set - October 2000
- Cut scores determined by State Department of Education - February 2001
- Trial period ends - June 2001
- First scores reported - July 2001
- Restructuring of major requirements begun in 2000