"Deep Thoughts and One-line
Well here are some famous and not
so famous quotes that have either gotten me thinking or have made me
laugh. If you have any that are not on here please e-mail me so I can post it on this page.
I hope you enjoy. Life is...paradoxically coincidental to the ironical
tyranny applicable to the unparalled definition of reverse entropy.
- Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing
- Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that
- It's your attitude and not your aptitude that determines your
- If you go out looking for friends, you're going to find they are very
scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere. (Zig
- All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream. (Edgar Allen
- Imagination is more important than intelligence.(Albert Einstein)
- Never let formal education get in the way of learning. (Mark Twain)
- If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because
he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears,
however measured or far away. (Henry David Thoreau)
- Life is not so much a matter of position as of disposition.
- A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.
- Failure is the path of least persistence.
- The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a life time.
- The future is purchased by the present.
- One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.
- Lost time is never found again.
- Childeren need more models than critics.
- Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill
nothing but time. (Motto o fthe Baltimore Grotto)
- Be curious, not judgemental. (Walt Whitman)
- Brain cells create ideas. Stress kills brain cells. Stress is not a
good idea. (Richard Saunders)
- If you want your dream to come true, don't over sleep.
- People don't fail, they give up.
- A friend walks in when everyone else walks out.
- The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
- Every man dies; but not every man really lives. (Braveheart)
- God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot chabge, the
courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
(St. Francis of Assisi)
- The more I know, the more I know I don't know.
- One good thing about being wrong is the joy it brings others.
- To err is human, to blame it on someone else is more human.
- When you are arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person
isn't doing the same thing.
- Minds are like parachutes-they only function when open.
- You can't direnct the wind, but you can adjust the sail.
- The lead dog gets the best view. the rest of the dog's view is
butt ugly. Of course, the lead dog is also the first to fall into a
ravine. (Richard Saunders)
- Sometimes the best way to figure out who you are is to get to that
place where you don't have to be anything else.
- Don't confuse me with facts, I prefer to remain ignorant.
- If you are never scared, embarrassed of hurt, it means you never take
- Desire for nothing except desirelessness, hope for nothing except to
rise above all hopes, want nothing and you will have everything.
- Humans are like tea bags. They never realize their strength until
they are put in hot water.
- When you remain true to yoru beliefs, loyal to yoru ideas and faithful
to your dreams, you remain free forever.
- What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared
to what lies within us.
- We live in a society where pizza get to your house before the police.
- Some people tink holding on makes them strong, sometimes its letting
- Blowing out another man's flame doesn't make your shine any brighter,
- The secret of true greatness is simplicity.
- Better to understand little than to misunderstand a lot.
- There are days when it takes all you've got just to keep up with teh
losers. (Robert Orben)
- The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved:
loved for ourselves, or reather, loved in spite of ourselves.
- Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand
for, because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
- 7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.
- The trouble with dong something right the first time is that nbody
appreiates how difficult it was.
- It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
warning to others.
- It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.
- If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
- An Educational system isn;t worth a great deal if it teaches young
people how to make a living but doesn't teach them how to make a life.
- Which dreams indeed are ambition, for the very substance of the
ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream. (William Shakespear)
- It is better to have bad breath than to have no breath at all.
- The future belongs to those who believ in the beauty of their dreams.
- You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be
- Keep away from people who try to bellittle your ambitions. Small
people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too,
can become great. (Mark Twain)
- To find the person you can truely trust, look no futher that nthe
- Preach the Gospel at all times...if necessary, use words. (St. Francis
- The purpose of prayer is not to get answers, things or anything-not
even holiness. Valuable though they are, all of those are side effects.
The purpose of prayer is to get acquainted with God. Anything else is a
bonus. (Alfred C. McClure)
- Whoever said, it's not wheter you win or lose
that counts, probably lost. (Davet Rayala)
- God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain
number of things. Right now, I'm so far behind, that I will never die.
- Some succeed because they are destined to. But
most suceed because they are determined to.
- A bump in the road is either an obstacle to be
fought or an opportunity to be enjoyed...it is all up to you." (Davet
- Nothing in this world is impossibile to a willin
- To those who dream, there is no such thing as
- The most beautiful thing we can experience is teh
mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. (Albert
- You will find God in the church of your choice.