The Advanced tests test the basic features in combination with each other, basically more stringent tests.
- Use the Video and Millisecond Timer command to test the Video subsystem with the millisecond timer running.
- Use the Time Video Mode command to test the synchronization with the vertical retrace of the video display and determine it's characteristics for DMDX's use.
- Use the Sound Latency command to test the latency of the DirectSound mixers.
- Use the Digital Video Test command to test DirectShow, the part of DirectMedia (or DirectX) responsible for the display of .MPG, .AVI, and Quicktime file formats.
- Use the Task Priorities command modify DMDX's task priorities to help eliminate display errors.