Modern English - Old English Glossaries and Thesaurus
- Bosworth, Joseph. A Dictionary of the Anglo-Saxon Language. London: Longman, 1838.
- Jember, Gregory K. English - Old English, Old English - English Dictionary. Boulder, CO: Westview, 1975.
- Pollington, Stephen. Wordcraft. Pinner, Mddx: Anglo-Saxon Books, 1993.
- Roberts, Jane, and Christian Kay, with Lynne Grundy. A Thesaurus of Old English. King's College London Medieval Studies 11. London: King's College, Centre for Late Antique and Medieval Studies, 1995. 2 vols.
Composition in Old English
- Murphy, Michael. "Scholars at Play: a Short History of Composing in Old English." Old English Newsletter 15.2 (1982), 26-36.
- Robinson, Fred C. "The Afterlife of Old English: a Brief History of Composition in Old English after the Close of the Anglo-Saxon Period." The Tomb of Beowulf and Other Essays on Old English. Oxford and Cambridge, MA: Blackwell, 1993. pp. 275-303.
See also the Englisc Web site for
Bill Schipper's convenient general glossary,
the current date and time in Old English, a discussion group devoted to
composition in Old English, and much more. Mac users who can't get thorns
and eths to display properly in their Web browsers should go directly to
Cathy Ball's Old English Pages link at this site.