Allen, Thomas (1540-1632)
- Watson, Andrew G. "Thomas Allen of Oxford and His Manuscripts." Medieval Scribes, Manuscripts & Libraries: Essays Presented to N. R. Ker. Ed. M. B. Parkes and Andrew G. Watson. London, 1978. pp. 279-314.
Cotton, Robert Bruce (1571-1631)
- Carley, James P., and Colin G. C. Tite. "Sir Robert Cotton as Collector of Manuscripts and the Question of Dismemberment: British Library MSS Royal 13 D.I and Cotton Otho D.VIII." The Library 6th series, 14 (1992), 94-99.
- Gardner, R. C. B. "Sir Robert Cotton, a Great Collector." Chambers Journal 7th series, 14 (1924), 782-84.
- Houts, Elisabeth M. C. van. "Camden, Cotton and the Chronicles of the Norman Conquest of England." British Library Journal 18 (1992), 148-62.
- Howarth, David. "Sir Robert Cotton and the Commemoration of Famous Men." British Library Journal 18 (1992), 1-28.
- Manning, Roger B. "Antiquarianism and the Seigneurial Reaction: Sir Robert and Sir Thomas Cotton and Their Tenants." Historical Research 63 (1990), 277-88.
- Sharpe, Kevin. Sir Robert Cotton 1586-1631: History and Politics in Early Modern England. Oxford, 1978.
- Teviotdale, Elizabeth Cover. "Some Classified Catalogues of the Cottonian Library." British Library Journal 18 (1992), 74-87.
- Tite, Colin G. C. "The Early Catalogues of the Cotton Library." British Library Journal 6 (1980), 144-57.
- Tite, Colin G. C. "'Lost or Stolen or Strayed': a Survey of Manuscripts formerly in the Cotton Library." British Library Journal 18 (1992), 107-47.
- Tite, Colin G. C. Sir Robert Cotton and His Library. London, 1993. [exhibit in the British Library]
- Tite, Colin G. C. The Manuscript Library of Sir Robert Cotton. The Panizzi Lectures 1993. London, 1994.
Dering, Edward (1598-1644)
- Krivatsy, Nati H., and Laetitia Yeandle. "Books of Sir Edward Dering of Kent (1598-1644)." Private Libraries in Renaissance England, I. Ed. R. J. Fehrenbach and E. S. Leedham-Green. Binghamton and Marlborough, Wilts, 1992. pp. 137-269.
- Wright, C. E. "Sir Edward Dering: a Seventeenth-Century Antiquary and His 'Saxon' Charters." The Early Cultures of North-West Europe. Ed. Cyril Fox and Bruce Dickins. Cambridge, 1950. pp. 369-93.
D'Ewes, Simonds (1602-1650)
- Halliwell, J. O., ed. The Autobiography and Correspondence of Sir Simonds D'Ewes. 2 vols. London, 1845.
- Hetherington, M. S. "Sir Simonds D'Ewes and Method in Old English Lexicography." Texas Studies in Literature and Language 17 (1975), 75-92.
- Watson, Andrew G. The Library of Sir Simonds D'Ewes. London, 1966.
Digby, Kenelm (1603-1665)
- Fulton, John F. Sir Kenelm Digby, Writer, Bibliophile and Protagonist of William Harvey. New York, 1937.
- Rubin, Davida. Sir Kenelm Digby, F.R.S., 1603-1665: a Bibliography. San Francisco, 1991.
Dugdale, William (1605-1686)
Return to main page
- Cronne, H. A. "The Study and Use of Charters by English Scholars in the Seventeenth Century: Sir Henry Spelman and Sir William Dugdale." English Historical Scholarship in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries. Ed. Levi Fox. London and New
York, 1956. pp. 73-91.
- Giese, L. L. "An Anonymous Seventeenth-Century Bodleian Manuscript Dictionary: Its Authorship and Significance to Old English Studies." Bodleian Library Record 14 (1992), 145-57.
- Hamper, William, ed. The Life, Diary and Correspondence of Sir William Dugdale, Knight. London, 1827.
- Scroggs, E. S. "Sir William Dugdale." Journal of the British Archaeological Association 2nd series, 2 (1937), 1-6.
- Yerkes, David. "Dugdale's Dictionary and Somner's Dictionarium." English Language Notes 14 (1976), 110-12.